I got this from www.crazyhealthfacts.com and thought it would be cool to share.
- Because of today’s alarming obesity rates, this generation of children will be the first to live shorter lives than their parents. Scary!
- 1/3 of all cancers are preventable.
- Smokers can lose 1/3 of their everyday memory.
- 33% of those who drink four or more caffeinated beverages, such as soda or coffee, daily are put at a higher risk for sleep apnea
- Stress causes or complicates 90% of all diseases.
- There is an iPhone app that can actually fix back pain
- Just adding movement into your daily routine can increase your level of fitness. Being sedentary is dangerous!
- On average, right-handed people live 9 years longer than left-handed people.
- The adult human heart weighs about 10 oz.
- Out of the 206 bones in the human adult’s body, 106 are in the hands and feet.
- The amount of teenage cosmetic surgeries has nearly doubled in the USA between the years 1996 and 1998.
- During a sneeze, all of your bodily functions momentarily stop, even your heart.
- Over 40 million Americans have “chronic halitosis,” which is a condition causing bad breath that never goes away.
- There are 5 million scent receptors located within a human beings nose.
- Very high amounts of stress can actually stunt a person’s growth.
- Reading in dim light will not damage your eyes.
- Eating a meal with strong aromas will cause you to get fuller faster.
- The body’s largest tissue is skeletal muscle, which accounts for approximately 45% of body weight in men and 36% in women.
- Every single muscle fiber is thinner than a human hair strand, and can hold up to 1,000 times its own weight.
- There are at least six universal facial expressions. They are: happiness, sadness, disgust, fear, anger and surprise.
- The brain operates on about the same amount of power needed to light a 10-watt light bulb
- Every 36 hours the lining of a humans stomach is replaced.
- The approximate length of a human esophagus is 25 centimeters.
- A person that blushes easily is known as a erythrophobe.
BE YOUR OWN MIRACLE!
Crazy Health Facts